Saturday, October 4, 2008

No.3 Wikipedia

Wikipedia, my No. 3 site, is the free encyclopedia that anyone can edit. I described in an earlier post how I had signed into the site in order to edit some of the posted articles, including one on Chichester Cross. Wikipedia is a social site where people can share information. There was some concern about the reliability of this information but is almost as accurate as the Encyclopedia Britannica. I seach it many times each day, adding"wiki" to my Google search request. Sections on living people are improving rapidly and are a most useful source for questions about the media. Today I wanted to know more about Itshak Perlmann, the virtuoso violinist, who contracted polio when he was four. I often have a Wikipedia page open as I listen to the radio or the television.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.