Thursday, October 9, 2008

No.8 Freecycle - Sharing Rubbish

The Freecycle Network is made up of more than 4000 groups with nearly six million members across the globe. It is described as a grassroots and entirely nonprofit movement of people who are giving (& getting) stuff for free in their own towns. It was a surprise to find that there are more than 4000 subscribers in the group in Chichester and more than 2500 in the group in Havant. I discovered the network in a Sunday newspaper and although there are so usersliving near me, many of whom I know, none of them had mentioned it to me. Perhaps they do not want to tell their friends what they do with their rubbish!! I am very pleased to find the site and I am now getting rid of objects for which I would like to find a new home there as well as finding some things that I would like.

No comments: