Sunday, March 11, 2007

A Video from Antarctica

I was able to experiment with the video setting on my digital camera. With a memory card of only 256Mb the videos that I could take were very short. We crossed the Antarctic Circle at 66 degrees south and here is my first video of our party at 69 degrees 32 minutes south, a record for the ship that was made possible because there was less pack ice in the sea in King George VI Sound this year.
Inside the Antarctic circle there is 24-hour daylight at some time during the year. As we were only just inside the circle after the summer solstice, we missed the 24-hour daylight but the pack ice was still melting a bit. We were able to travel further south than the party which was there a fortnight previously.

You can click on Antarctica Video to see and hear my first efforts on Google Video.

No comments: